Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mojo Monday Card 177 - Valentine Card




You can see that this is my favorite Valentine poem..hihi...I've used it a couple of times on other post.
The roses are red
The violets are blue
The chocolates are as sweet as can be
As you can see
That I declare
That there's love in the air
Happy Valentine's Day, Bonami!!!

So very sweet! Anyway, I wanted to make an all red card but my elements just got lost in it so I decided to put a neutral contrast, Basic Black. They say you can't go wrong with black, right? In my picture, you can't see the Framed Tulip embossed on the Black CS. Trust me it's there :) I just wish my camera takes better pictures :( Also, I just loved the way the card looked with the DSP background which made me make an envelope lining of it.

TIP:
You must be wondering how I made the Framed Tulip embossed on a small rectangle. Pass your paper through the BigShot with the embossing folder once. Then reverse the paper to emboss the other side of the frame. First, align the first impression to the image of the embossing folder, then pass it through only to make that remaining side of the frame. Then reverse your Bigshot handle to release the impression folder.

Recipe for the Love Card:

Cardstock:
- Basic Black
- Cherry Cobbler Red (for the rose)
- Very Vanilla
- Chocolate Chip Brown (for the borders)

DSP:
- Love Impressions DSP #121780 (2011 OCM)

Stamp Set:
- Occasional Quotes #120142-Clear or #117048- Wood (Hostess Set level 3)

Ink Pad:
- Early Espresso #119670

BigShot:
- Textured Impression Folder - Framed Tulips #121809
- Embosslit Die - Scallop Heart of Hearts #117332
Punch:
- Two Step Bird Punch #117191 (used wings for rose petals)

Other Supplies
- Antique Brads #117273
- Jewels Basic Rhinestone #119246




Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooooo gorgeous, I luv the heart and the flag sentiment...have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

h my .... I love how this flows...it's so so so pretty....absolutely wonderful job.

Patti said...

how did you emboss on the smaller rectangle with the larger embossing folder? You are right the black makes everything pop
blessings
patti moffett

Carol Cel said...

Love it -but HOW did you use the embossing folder to emboss the rectangle around the flower ????

So Creative Cards said...

Same question how did you do the tulip border?

kay said...

Hi! First of all thank you for all your comments. You must be wondering how I made the Framed Tulip embossed on a small rectangle. Just pass your paper through the embossing folder once. Then reverse the paper to emboss the other side of the frame. Align the first impression to the image of the embossing folder, then pass it through only to make that remaining side of the frame. Then reverse your Bigshot handle to release.
I hope this helps :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin