Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mojo Monday 178 - Best Friend Card




This card is dedicated to all my best friends :) Best friends are friends/sisters/brothers who are always there for you through thick and thin. They're always there to bring out the best of you:) So here's to all who stands by me and who I lean on.

I played with colors this time and just discovered that Poppy Parade (the red card) looks so good with bright colors. With this color I used SU's DSP - Ice Cream Parlor #122242 in the SAB catalogue. It's free with any $50 purchase :)
As you can see I used all the colors of the DSP and the card still looks all put together. So yummy :) You can also see how fond I am with the Owl Punch. Best investment EVER!!!!

I plan to frame this card and put it in my Hall of Fame Cards... hihi :) I'm just starting it so I can feature these at my workshops :)

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:
- Poppy Parade
- Daffodil Delight
- Old Olive
- Pretty in Pink (the crimped band)
- Pacific Point Blue (the hat)
- Very Vanilla (for the caption)
Stamp Set:
- Full of Life #111500 (wood mount) I love this stamp set. It was a gift from one of my Best Friends
- Bliss #123217 clear (for the caption background)
Ink:
- Early Espresso
- Sahara Sand
DSP:
- Ice Cream Parlor #122242
Punch:
- 2-1/2" Circle Punch
- 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch
- Owl Punch
- 1" circle Punch (for the hat cut in half)
- Small oval punch (half shape for the lip of the hat)
BigShot:
- Textured Impression Folder - Elegant Lines #119277 (for the scallop circle)
- Textured Impression Folder - Framed tulip #121809
Other Supplies:
- Antique Brads 117273
- Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8"- Pretty in Pink #119956
- Crimper #101618

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

5 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE IT! This will be on my punch inspiration post tomorrow. TFS

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love the owls - love them! One of my most favorite things to make! Your card is so wonderful and I have printed a copy to put in my inspiration file! Great card!

Wishing you a good weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Christi said...

what stamp set is the sentiment from?
I didn't see it in Bliss or Create a Cupcake. Thanks!

kay said...

To Christi, oops, I edited the stamp used. I actually used the "Full of Life" Stamp set. As I mentioned, I got this as a gift from one of my Best Friends :)

Rose said...

Love your card Kay! What a sweet sentiment, too! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin