Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Favor Box- Masquerade



Hello, there! It's October and you know what that means! Another Halloween project for you. Halloween is about masquerading, so many costumes and so many mask. I just decided to mask my punch arts. Let me show you. Here's little black kitty with his cute glittery mask.

HOW TO MAKE THE MASK:
You will need 3 punchers:
- Large Oval Punch
- Curly Label Punch
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (the round one)
At a straight edge of a cardstock, punch out a small piece of with your oval punch. Then punch half of the curly label punch as illustrated. Lastly, using the Itty Bitty Shapes punch, punch 2 circles. (Not to close to each other, I would mark the mask with 2 dots first before I punch the circles)





HOW I MADE THE CAT:
Punch Used:
- 5 petal flower punch (for the ears and the legs)
- Full Heart Punch (half piece for the tail)
- Large Oval Punch (for the head)
- Word Window Punch (for the neck)
- 1/2" circle punch (for the eyes)
- 2 Step Owl Punch (for the iris)
- Slot punch (for the neck leash), I think it's no longer available for sale but you can always improvise by cutting a small rectangle piece.
Now you're ready to follow the illustrations below! Have fun!!!

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

TAADAAAHHHHHH !!!! You have your cat! Position the mask slightly below right of the cat's eyes. It would give the cat a cute shy expression. Remember to draw your whiskers and eye highlights with white gel pen. Then GLITTER!!! This will give the full dramatic effect of your Masquerade. (Use "Fine Super Nova" glitter set - orange #114287)


I hope you had fun making my Masquerade Cat. See you again!
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH I STINKIN LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! thank you SO MUCH for showing how to do the little kitty! I am totally going to use this idea for treat bags at my birthday party (yes I will be 38 and still giving out fun treat bags..haha!) LOVE THIS!

Mary said...

Too cute!

Jeannie said...

Love that cat! Adorable project - I can't wait to try my own today! TFS!

lifesabeach32940 said...

I LOVE visiting your blog ... your projects and instructions are AWESOME!! Thank you for the inspiration!! Judy

Debbie H said...

Too cute. That is really clever, TFS!

Carol said...

As always, great work, Kay - this cat bag is adorable!!!!!!!!

Kelli P. said...

This is too cute and I have all the punches for this one (except the slot punch, but I can improvise). TFS!

Teri said...

LOVE your cat! Thank you for all of your inspiration! I love everything that you create, thanks for sharing with all of us!

Debarge Design Builders said...

you are an inspiration to many! great idea & great design! totally love the mask =D

Maria Daubert said...

This so cute!! I love the mask on the cat! And the cat is adorable! I love your blog - thanks for all the inspiration!
Maria

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin